Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos is the first casualty from last night’s Angels-A’s marathon that saw multiple players leave with injuries, as the Angels center fielder has been placed on the disabled list with a hamstring injury.
Bourjos nearly beat out a sacrifice bunt in the 11th inning, but came up lame right as his feet hit first base and immediately exited in obvious pain. He was off to an excellent start, hitting .313 with an .827 OPS in addition to his outstanding defense. Mike Trout figures to shift from left field to center field.
To take Bourjos’ place on the roster the Angels are expected to activate shortstop Erick Aybar, who’s spent the past three weeks on the DL with a heel injury. Aybar went 2-for-5 with a homer and a double in a rehab game yesterday at Triple-A.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)