Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos is the first casualty from last night’s Angels-A’s marathon that saw multiple players leave with injuries, as the Angels center fielder has been placed on the disabled list with a hamstring injury.
Bourjos nearly beat out a sacrifice bunt in the 11th inning, but came up lame right as his feet hit first base and immediately exited in obvious pain. He was off to an excellent start, hitting .313 with an .827 OPS in addition to his outstanding defense. Mike Trout figures to shift from left field to center field.
To take Bourjos’ place on the roster the Angels are expected to activate shortstop Erick Aybar, who’s spent the past three weeks on the DL with a heel injury. Aybar went 2-for-5 with a homer and a double in a rehab game yesterday at Triple-A.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)