Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Peter Bourjos is the first casualty from last night’s Angels-A’s marathon that saw multiple players leave with injuries, as the Angels center fielder has been placed on the disabled list with a hamstring injury.
Bourjos nearly beat out a sacrifice bunt in the 11th inning, but came up lame right as his feet hit first base and immediately exited in obvious pain. He was off to an excellent start, hitting .313 with an .827 OPS in addition to his outstanding defense. Mike Trout figures to shift from left field to center field.
To take Bourjos’ place on the roster the Angels are expected to activate shortstop Erick Aybar, who’s spent the past three weeks on the DL with a heel injury. Aybar went 2-for-5 with a homer and a double in a rehab game yesterday at Triple-A.
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 0
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)