Anthony Bosch says Biogenesis allegations are “character assassination”

Apr 30, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT

ryan braun getty Getty Images

Anthony Bosch, the Miami man at the center of an ongoing PED scandal involving his clinic, Biogenesis, Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun and dozens of other players, says it’s all lies.  He spoke to ESPN’s Pedro Gomez:

[Bosch] says he knows nothing about performance-enhancing drugs and that media accounts of his alleged PED distribution are inaccurate “character assassination.” “I have been accused, tried and convicted in the media. And so I think have been falsely accused throughout the media,” he told ESPN’s Pedro Gomez on Monday in his first comments since the Biogenesis clinic scandal broke in January. “I’ve done nothing wrong.”

He also says “I am a nutritionist. I don’t know anything about performance-enhancing drugs.”

He later added “I don’t know nothin’ about that.. Oh! I was in the Olive Oil business with his father but that was a long time ago. That’s all! Look, the FBI guys, they promised me a deal. So, so I made up a lot of stuff about Michael Corleone ’cause that’s what they wanted. But it was all lies. Uh, everything. And I kept saying Michael Corleone did this and Michael Corleone did that. So, I said yeah sure — why not?”

1. DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Frank Pentangeli – I like it, nice touch.

So uhhh…..who ends up playing Fredo in this saga? (Talking GF II)

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM

C’mon, Arod, that’s an easy one! I’m sure the Yankees would like to take him “out on the lake” right about now.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I must disagree – A-Rod is Michael Corleone, with Bud as Hyman Roth

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I see Braun more of the Michael character. He’s got the MVP and beat the rap on the last allegation and is still producing even though the law ( Bud ) wants him put away for good.

• historiophiliac - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Will it break the internet if I confess that I’ve never seen a Godfather flick?

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM

You get the :-( today Historio. My ex was the same, until I introduced her.

Now she can quote the lines.

• historiophiliac - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Sorry to make you frowny. I have a really low violence tolerance — my brother and sister do too. It comes from our parents not letting us watch gross/violent films growing up. I just don’t see films that are gonna disturb me.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM

@historio – ordinarily that would be horrible, except it reminds me of a classic Family Guy Moment

• melkipershero - Apr 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Will it break the internet if I confess that I’ve never seen a Godfather flick?

FLICK?? You need to watch the FLICK(S). Best movies ever. Although, if you’re not into mafia type stuff, it can be pretty boring/slow to some.. I assume.

• historiophiliac - Apr 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

That was great. I’m totally going to use that — “it insists upon itself.”

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Apr 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I have a really low violence tolerance

there’s honestly not a lot of violence. Two parts that may stick out are the toll-both scene (not giving spoilers) and the end scene with the baptism. Even then, it’s not really bad because, remember, these are 70s movies. When you see Sonny beating up Carlo, the fight scene is so bad b/c it’s shot from the side so it’s easy to see how they are fake fighting.

• historiophiliac - Apr 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Maybe I’ll take a cue from blue’s ex and when I meet a guy I love very much, I will share the experience with him. lol

2. RoyHobbs39 - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM

They need to bring in one of his “buffahs”.

3. mybrunoblog - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Godfather 2 reference. Very well played Calcaterra. Very well indeed.

4. approvenothing - Apr 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Was that a rare title typo that I spotted earlier? Never quite heard of this Bogenesis….

• jwbiii - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Bo knows hGH?

• melkipershero - Apr 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Bo seems like the #1 suspect for steroid/HGH use, but there has never been anything credible said connecting him to any of that. With today’s media and blabber mouthed players, someone would have ratted him out by now.

• jwbiii - Apr 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Bo Jackson played in the NFL from 1987-90. The NFL start testing in 1987 and started suspending players as a result of tests in 1989. I have no reason to believe that Jackson used during his NFL career. I was just having fun with the old “Bo knows. . .” advertising tagline and “Bogenesis.”

5. 13arod - Apr 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

so they might be be not guilty i know arod did not do steriods

• nbjays - May 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Even though he admitted he did? Mmmmkay…

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate