Apr 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
From MLB.com beat reporter Mark Bowman:
Brian McCann returned to Turner Field on Tuesday to take batting practice and interact with some of his Braves teammates for the first time since the end of Spring Training. If the remainder of his rehab assignment goes well through the end of this week, McCann could be back in Atlanta’s lineup for next week’s series in Cincinnati.
That three-game series against the Reds gets underway next Monday, May 6 at Great American Ball Park.
“I’ll be ready,” McCann told reporters on Tuesday afternoon. “Where I’m at right now, I feel really good.”
Atlanta is expected to keep Evan Gattis around as a bench bat. He could even see action in the outfield.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)