Apr 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
From MLB.com beat reporter Mark Bowman:
Brian McCann returned to Turner Field on Tuesday to take batting practice and interact with some of his Braves teammates for the first time since the end of Spring Training. If the remainder of his rehab assignment goes well through the end of this week, McCann could be back in Atlanta’s lineup for next week’s series in Cincinnati.
That three-game series against the Reds gets underway next Monday, May 6 at Great American Ball Park.
“I’ll be ready,” McCann told reporters on Tuesday afternoon. “Where I’m at right now, I feel really good.”
Atlanta is expected to keep Evan Gattis around as a bench bat. He could even see action in the outfield.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)