Apr 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
From MLB.com beat reporter Mark Bowman:
Brian McCann returned to Turner Field on Tuesday to take batting practice and interact with some of his Braves teammates for the first time since the end of Spring Training. If the remainder of his rehab assignment goes well through the end of this week, McCann could be back in Atlanta’s lineup for next week’s series in Cincinnati.
That three-game series against the Reds gets underway next Monday, May 6 at Great American Ball Park.
“I’ll be ready,” McCann told reporters on Tuesday afternoon. “Where I’m at right now, I feel really good.”
Atlanta is expected to keep Evan Gattis around as a bench bat. He could even see action in the outfield.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)