Apr 30, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
From MLB.com beat reporter Mark Bowman:
Brian McCann returned to Turner Field on Tuesday to take batting practice and interact with some of his Braves teammates for the first time since the end of Spring Training. If the remainder of his rehab assignment goes well through the end of this week, McCann could be back in Atlanta’s lineup for next week’s series in Cincinnati.
That three-game series against the Reds gets underway next Monday, May 6 at Great American Ball Park.
“I’ll be ready,” McCann told reporters on Tuesday afternoon. “Where I’m at right now, I feel really good.”
Atlanta is expected to keep Evan Gattis around as a bench bat. He could even see action in the outfield.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)