Apr 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
There has been something of a battle at Nationals Park between fans who like starting and participating in the wave and those who don’t. DC Sports Bog has a post up today talking about that. Including an anecdote that suggests the pro-and-anti-wave forces may be getting violent of all things. Yikes.
Into the fray struts Bryce Harper:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 30, 2013
I hope he’s trolling his teammates who, by some reports, are fairly anti-wave. I have this feeling he actually likes the wave, though. Because that would be a thing a guy with a dog named swag would totally be into, bro.
As for me: eh. I think the wave is kind of dumb. I don’t participate in it if one breaks out where I am. But really, there are about a dozen dumber things that go on at a ballpark any given night, so I have a hard time getting too animated about it.
You wanna ban something at the ballpark? Ban bad pop music and classic rock before the game and between innings. Ban the “LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE” messages on the scoreboard. Ban ball girls whose only qualification for the job is their status as eye candy. Ban mascot races at every park except Miller Park. When you get to that stuff which, unlike the wave, is explicitly endorsed by the teams, cool, start on the wave.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)