Apr 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
There has been something of a battle at Nationals Park between fans who like starting and participating in the wave and those who don’t. DC Sports Bog has a post up today talking about that. Including an anecdote that suggests the pro-and-anti-wave forces may be getting violent of all things. Yikes.
Into the fray struts Bryce Harper:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 30, 2013
I hope he’s trolling his teammates who, by some reports, are fairly anti-wave. I have this feeling he actually likes the wave, though. Because that would be a thing a guy with a dog named swag would totally be into, bro.
As for me: eh. I think the wave is kind of dumb. I don’t participate in it if one breaks out where I am. But really, there are about a dozen dumber things that go on at a ballpark any given night, so I have a hard time getting too animated about it.
You wanna ban something at the ballpark? Ban bad pop music and classic rock before the game and between innings. Ban the “LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE” messages on the scoreboard. Ban ball girls whose only qualification for the job is their status as eye candy. Ban mascot races at every park except Miller Park. When you get to that stuff which, unlike the wave, is explicitly endorsed by the teams, cool, start on the wave.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)