Apr 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
There has been something of a battle at Nationals Park between fans who like starting and participating in the wave and those who don’t. DC Sports Bog has a post up today talking about that. Including an anecdote that suggests the pro-and-anti-wave forces may be getting violent of all things. Yikes.
Into the fray struts Bryce Harper:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 30, 2013
I hope he’s trolling his teammates who, by some reports, are fairly anti-wave. I have this feeling he actually likes the wave, though. Because that would be a thing a guy with a dog named swag would totally be into, bro.
As for me: eh. I think the wave is kind of dumb. I don’t participate in it if one breaks out where I am. But really, there are about a dozen dumber things that go on at a ballpark any given night, so I have a hard time getting too animated about it.
You wanna ban something at the ballpark? Ban bad pop music and classic rock before the game and between innings. Ban the “LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE” messages on the scoreboard. Ban ball girls whose only qualification for the job is their status as eye candy. Ban mascot races at every park except Miller Park. When you get to that stuff which, unlike the wave, is explicitly endorsed by the teams, cool, start on the wave.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)