Apr 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
There has been something of a battle at Nationals Park between fans who like starting and participating in the wave and those who don’t. DC Sports Bog has a post up today talking about that. Including an anecdote that suggests the pro-and-anti-wave forces may be getting violent of all things. Yikes.
Into the fray struts Bryce Harper:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 30, 2013
I hope he’s trolling his teammates who, by some reports, are fairly anti-wave. I have this feeling he actually likes the wave, though. Because that would be a thing a guy with a dog named swag would totally be into, bro.
As for me: eh. I think the wave is kind of dumb. I don’t participate in it if one breaks out where I am. But really, there are about a dozen dumber things that go on at a ballpark any given night, so I have a hard time getting too animated about it.
You wanna ban something at the ballpark? Ban bad pop music and classic rock before the game and between innings. Ban the “LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE” messages on the scoreboard. Ban ball girls whose only qualification for the job is their status as eye candy. Ban mascot races at every park except Miller Park. When you get to that stuff which, unlike the wave, is explicitly endorsed by the teams, cool, start on the wave.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)