Apr 30, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
There has been something of a battle at Nationals Park between fans who like starting and participating in the wave and those who don’t. DC Sports Bog has a post up today talking about that. Including an anecdote that suggests the pro-and-anti-wave forces may be getting violent of all things. Yikes.
Into the fray struts Bryce Harper:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 30, 2013
I hope he’s trolling his teammates who, by some reports, are fairly anti-wave. I have this feeling he actually likes the wave, though. Because that would be a thing a guy with a dog named swag would totally be into, bro.
As for me: eh. I think the wave is kind of dumb. I don’t participate in it if one breaks out where I am. But really, there are about a dozen dumber things that go on at a ballpark any given night, so I have a hard time getting too animated about it.
You wanna ban something at the ballpark? Ban bad pop music and classic rock before the game and between innings. Ban the “LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE” messages on the scoreboard. Ban ball girls whose only qualification for the job is their status as eye candy. Ban mascot races at every park except Miller Park. When you get to that stuff which, unlike the wave, is explicitly endorsed by the teams, cool, start on the wave.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 104
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 74
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (107)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)