Apr 30, 2013, 11:32 PM EDT
Rivera will likely head to extended spring training for a couple of weeks before reporting to Triple-A Reno, where he will serve as organizational outfield depth for the Snakes. He was released by the Yankees just before the start of the regular season to open up a roster spot for first baseman Tyler Overbay.
Rivera, who turns 35 years old in July, batted just .244/.286/.375 across 339 plate appearances last summer with the Dodgers. He hit .295/.317/.377 in 63 plate appearances this spring in Yankees camp.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)