Apr 30, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We have an update on Giancarlo Stanton‘s condition: An MRI shows a Grade 2 hamstring strain. He’s ben placed on the 15-day disabled list. He tells Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’ll be out a few weeks in a “best-case” scenario.
There’s absolutely zero reason for the Marlins to rush his recovery given that they pretty much stopped playing for anything other than Stanton’s service time during the first week of April.
Stanton, hot of late, is hitting .227/.341/.387 with three homers on the year. The rest of the Marlins lineup combined would be sell their soul for that sort of line among them while he’s gone. Meanwhile, Miami baseball fans try to think of any reason whatsoever to watch the Marlins for the next few weeks.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 8
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 55
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)