Apr 30, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We have an update on Giancarlo Stanton‘s condition: An MRI shows a Grade 2 hamstring strain. He’s ben placed on the 15-day disabled list. He tells Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’ll be out a few weeks in a “best-case” scenario.
There’s absolutely zero reason for the Marlins to rush his recovery given that they pretty much stopped playing for anything other than Stanton’s service time during the first week of April.
Stanton, hot of late, is hitting .227/.341/.387 with three homers on the year. The rest of the Marlins lineup combined would be sell their soul for that sort of line among them while he’s gone. Meanwhile, Miami baseball fans try to think of any reason whatsoever to watch the Marlins for the next few weeks.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)