Apr 30, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We have an update on Giancarlo Stanton‘s condition: An MRI shows a Grade 2 hamstring strain. He’s ben placed on the 15-day disabled list. He tells Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’ll be out a few weeks in a “best-case” scenario.
There’s absolutely zero reason for the Marlins to rush his recovery given that they pretty much stopped playing for anything other than Stanton’s service time during the first week of April.
Stanton, hot of late, is hitting .227/.341/.387 with three homers on the year. The rest of the Marlins lineup combined would be sell their soul for that sort of line among them while he’s gone. Meanwhile, Miami baseball fans try to think of any reason whatsoever to watch the Marlins for the next few weeks.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)