Apr 30, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We have an update on Giancarlo Stanton‘s condition: An MRI shows a Grade 2 hamstring strain. He’s ben placed on the 15-day disabled list. He tells Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’ll be out a few weeks in a “best-case” scenario.
There’s absolutely zero reason for the Marlins to rush his recovery given that they pretty much stopped playing for anything other than Stanton’s service time during the first week of April.
Stanton, hot of late, is hitting .227/.341/.387 with three homers on the year. The rest of the Marlins lineup combined would be sell their soul for that sort of line among them while he’s gone. Meanwhile, Miami baseball fans try to think of any reason whatsoever to watch the Marlins for the next few weeks.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (351)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (190)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)