Apr 30, 2013, 4:46 PM EST
Patterson never lived up to the hype he received as a prospect and former No. 3 overall pick, but he managed to stick around for more than a decade based mostly on his speed and range defensively. He’s a career .252 hitter with a ghastly .290 on-base percentage and .400 slugging percentage, but has logged 4,500 plate appearances while earning $15 million.
And now he’ll head to extended spring training and then Triple-A, waiting to see if the Mariners need any outfield reinforcements. He spent all of last season at Triple-A for the Brewers and didn’t play very well.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 4
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)