Apr 30, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Teixeira is currently limited to dry swings and the Yankees are not sure when he might be ready to ramp up his rehab to slightly more strenuous baseball activities like soft toss or tee work.
Which brings us to this tweet from Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com:
Best case for Teixeira return is probably the end of the month. June seems more likely.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) April 30, 2013
Lyle Overbay will continue to serve as the Yankees’ primary first baseman. Teixeira, who posted the worst OPS of his career last season, is owed $22.5 million this year and $67.5 million between 2014 and 2016.
The 33-year-old injured his right wrist in March while preparing for the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)