Apr 30, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Teixeira is currently limited to dry swings and the Yankees are not sure when he might be ready to ramp up his rehab to slightly more strenuous baseball activities like soft toss or tee work.
Which brings us to this tweet from Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com:
Best case for Teixeira return is probably the end of the month. June seems more likely.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) April 30, 2013
Lyle Overbay will continue to serve as the Yankees’ primary first baseman. Teixeira, who posted the worst OPS of his career last season, is owed $22.5 million this year and $67.5 million between 2014 and 2016.
The 33-year-old injured his right wrist in March while preparing for the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)