Apr 30, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
Teixeira is currently limited to dry swings and the Yankees are not sure when he might be ready to ramp up his rehab to slightly more strenuous baseball activities like soft toss or tee work.
Which brings us to this tweet from Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com:
Best case for Teixeira return is probably the end of the month. June seems more likely.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) April 30, 2013
Lyle Overbay will continue to serve as the Yankees’ primary first baseman. Teixeira, who posted the worst OPS of his career last season, is owed $22.5 million this year and $67.5 million between 2014 and 2016.
The 33-year-old injured his right wrist in March while preparing for the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)