Apr 30, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
Teixeira is currently limited to dry swings and the Yankees are not sure when he might be ready to ramp up his rehab to slightly more strenuous baseball activities like soft toss or tee work.
Which brings us to this tweet from Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com:
Best case for Teixeira return is probably the end of the month. June seems more likely.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) April 30, 2013
Lyle Overbay will continue to serve as the Yankees’ primary first baseman. Teixeira, who posted the worst OPS of his career last season, is owed $22.5 million this year and $67.5 million between 2014 and 2016.
The 33-year-old injured his right wrist in March while preparing for the 2013 World Baseball Classic.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)