Apr 30, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I’m assuming this is the Brandon Brown who was the 22nd round pick of the New York Mets in 2010. I mean, such a man is unmistakable, no?
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League third baseman Brandon Brown has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Brown will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Or, given that Brown couldn’t hit a lick at A-ball at age 24 last year, all of this might be moot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (154)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)