Apr 30, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I’m assuming this is the Brandon Brown who was the 22nd round pick of the New York Mets in 2010. I mean, such a man is unmistakable, no?
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League third baseman Brandon Brown has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Brown will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Or, given that Brown couldn’t hit a lick at A-ball at age 24 last year, all of this might be moot.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)