Apr 30, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I’m assuming this is the Brandon Brown who was the 22nd round pick of the New York Mets in 2010. I mean, such a man is unmistakable, no?
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that free agent Minor League third baseman Brandon Brown has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Brown will be effective immediately upon his signing with another Major League organization.
Or, given that Brown couldn’t hit a lick at A-ball at age 24 last year, all of this might be moot.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 17
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 36
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)