Apr 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
From Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Nick Swisher will not play in the Indians’ game Tuesday night against the Phillies because of left shoulder soreness. The right fielder might also sit out Wednesday, but it’s not considered a serious injury and he is fully expected avoid the disabled list.
Swisher is batting .265/.386/.410 with two homers and nine RBI through 101 plate appearances this season. The 32-year-old signed a four-year, $56 million free agent deal with the Tribe in December.
Ryan Raburn is starting in right field on Tuesday against the visiting Phils.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)