Apr 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
From Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Nick Swisher will not play in the Indians’ game Tuesday night against the Phillies because of left shoulder soreness. The right fielder might also sit out Wednesday, but it’s not considered a serious injury and he is fully expected avoid the disabled list.
Swisher is batting .265/.386/.410 with two homers and nine RBI through 101 plate appearances this season. The 32-year-old signed a four-year, $56 million free agent deal with the Tribe in December.
Ryan Raburn is starting in right field on Tuesday against the visiting Phils.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)