Apr 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
From Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Nick Swisher will not play in the Indians’ game Tuesday night against the Phillies because of left shoulder soreness. The right fielder might also sit out Wednesday, but it’s not considered a serious injury and he is fully expected avoid the disabled list.
Swisher is batting .265/.386/.410 with two homers and nine RBI through 101 plate appearances this season. The 32-year-old signed a four-year, $56 million free agent deal with the Tribe in December.
Ryan Raburn is starting in right field on Tuesday against the visiting Phils.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 5
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)