Apr 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
From Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Nick Swisher will not play in the Indians’ game Tuesday night against the Phillies because of left shoulder soreness. The right fielder might also sit out Wednesday, but it’s not considered a serious injury and he is fully expected avoid the disabled list.
Swisher is batting .265/.386/.410 with two homers and nine RBI through 101 plate appearances this season. The 32-year-old signed a four-year, $56 million free agent deal with the Tribe in December.
Ryan Raburn is starting in right field on Tuesday against the visiting Phils.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)