Apr 30, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
From Jordan Bastian of MLB.com comes word that Nick Swisher will not play in the Indians’ game Tuesday night against the Phillies because of left shoulder soreness. The right fielder might also sit out Wednesday, but it’s not considered a serious injury and he is fully expected avoid the disabled list.
Swisher is batting .265/.386/.410 with two homers and nine RBI through 101 plate appearances this season. The 32-year-old signed a four-year, $56 million free agent deal with the Tribe in December.
Ryan Raburn is starting in right field on Tuesday against the visiting Phils.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)