Apr 30, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Barring a setback with his hamstring injury Zimmerman is expected to play two games at Single-A, take a day off, and then come off the disabled list to rejoin the Nationals’ lineup Friday.
Zimmerman hit .226 with one homer and a .670 OPS in 15 games before straining his hamstring on April 17. Initially the Nationals turned to rookie call-up Anthony Rendon as his replacement at third base, but lately manager Davey Johnson has also been using Stephen Lombardozzi and Chad Tracy.
Rendon figures to head back to the minors once Zimmerman is healthy.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)