Apr 30, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Friday night umpire Brian O’Nora ran off the field, apparently got sick in front of Mets manager Terry Collins in the dugout tunnel, and had to be replaced as the home plate umpire in the Mets-Phillies game.
After a 10-minute delay several beat writers in the press box tweeted that they heard O’Nora had swallowed his chewing tobacco, but apparently those reports were off base. MLB announced that O’Nora had been feeling ill prior to the game and has since been diagnosed with an intestinal tear that will keep him out indefinitely.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)