Apr 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Cleared to begin throwing less than three weeks after breaking his left collarbone, Zack Greinke played catch from 90 feet yesterday and reported no problems.
“It’s still a little achy here and there, but nothing worse than what you would expect, I think,” Greinke told Austin Laymance of MLB.com. “You try not to have setbacks but at the same time do what you can.”
According to Laymance the return timetable is mid-June, which matches the initial estimates following surgery to stabilize the bone by inserting a metal rod.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)