Apr 30, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Cleared to begin throwing less than three weeks after breaking his left collarbone, Zack Greinke played catch from 90 feet yesterday and reported no problems.
“It’s still a little achy here and there, but nothing worse than what you would expect, I think,” Greinke told Austin Laymance of MLB.com. “You try not to have setbacks but at the same time do what you can.”
According to Laymance the return timetable is mid-June, which matches the initial estimates following surgery to stabilize the bone by inserting a metal rod.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)