May 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Out since April 5 with a sprained left knee, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez is on track to return from the disabled list on Friday.
Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that Ramirez would be rejoining the Brewers’ lineup without going on a minor-league rehab assignment first, which is rare this early in a season.
And manager Ron Roenicke admitted to McCalvy that the team would prefer Ramirez go on a rehab stint, but “a player has a right not to rehab” and “you work with whatever player it is, you explain things to him, and they have the decision.”
In other words, Ramirez vetoed playing a few games in the minors to make sure his knee is ready.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40