May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 0
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 23
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)