May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)