May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 32
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 42
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 139
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (141)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (140)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)