May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 17
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 11
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 36
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 185
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (185)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)