May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)