May 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Angels center fielder Peter Bourjos was immediately placed on the disabled list after getting hurt in Monday night’s 19-inning marathon and now two A’s players from that game are also headed to the DL.
One is center fielder Coco Crisp, who left the game in the 13th inning with a strained hamstring, and the other is left-hander Brett Anderson, who tossed 5.1 innings of one-run ball out of the bullpen before exiting in the 18th inning after tweaking his already sprained ankle.
Dan Straily, who started Monday’s game in place of Anderson, will step into his rotation spot for at least the next two weeks. Chris Young would be the fill-in for Crisp, but he’s day-to-day after leaving in the 15th inning with a quadriceps injury, so Yoenis Cespedes may see some action in center field.
Mammas, don’t let your babies grow to play in 19-inning baseball games.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)