May 1, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is away from the Dodgers on bereavement leave following the death of his father, but manager Don Mattingly told Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles that the team is “pretty sure” the left-hander will be back to start Friday against the Giants.
That would mean Kershaw staying on his normal pitching schedule, as he left the team and traveled home to Texas after throwing eight shutout innings Sunday against the Brewers.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (91)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)