May 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
It sounds like Curtis Granderson will beat both Mark Teixeira and Kevin Youkilis back from the disabled list, as Yankees manager Joe Girardi said yesterday that the center fielder is “probably pretty close” to returning from a fractured right wrist.
There’s no official timetable yet for Granderson’s return, but after talking to Girardi and general manager Brian Cashman the best guess from Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York is May 15.
For that to happen he’d likely to have to begin a minor-league rehab assignment at some point this week, because Granderson has indicated that he’d like around 50 at-bats to get ready. Granderson was initially given a 10-week recovery timetable on March 22, so he’s more or less on that track.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)