May 1, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It sounds like Curtis Granderson will beat both Mark Teixeira and Kevin Youkilis back from the disabled list, as Yankees manager Joe Girardi said yesterday that the center fielder is “probably pretty close” to returning from a fractured right wrist.
There’s no official timetable yet for Granderson’s return, but after talking to Girardi and general manager Brian Cashman the best guess from Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York is May 15.
For that to happen he’d likely to have to begin a minor-league rehab assignment at some point this week, because Granderson has indicated that he’d like around 50 at-bats to get ready. Granderson was initially given a 10-week recovery timetable on March 22, so he’s more or less on that track.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)