May 1, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Last week’s Gif of Yu Darvish throwing five pitches at once — created by the incomparable Drew Sheppard — definitely turned some heads. It also inspired some folks at MLB Network, because they gave the same treatment to Justin Verlander, complete with Billy Ripken’s breakdown of his pitches:
Love this stuff. Next obvious step, though: doing it for a non-great pitcher who has multiple release points for less-than-successful pitches, showing the viewers how good hitters can key on that stuff to guess what’s coming.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)