May 1, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Matt Garza‘s “dead arm” last week pushed back his minor-league rehab assignment, but the Cubs right-hander felt good enough to throw 2.2 innings at Double-A today.
Garza allowed one run on one hit and two walks, failing to record a strikeout while throwing 42 pitches.
Garza hasn’t pitched for the Cubs since July 21 of last season, with a lat muscle strain and “dead arm” hindering his recovery from elbow problems. He’ll likely make at least 2-3 more starts in the minors.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)