May 1, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Matt Garza‘s “dead arm” last week pushed back his minor-league rehab assignment, but the Cubs right-hander felt good enough to throw 2.2 innings at Double-A today.
Garza allowed one run on one hit and two walks, failing to record a strikeout while throwing 42 pitches.
Garza hasn’t pitched for the Cubs since July 21 of last season, with a lat muscle strain and “dead arm” hindering his recovery from elbow problems. He’ll likely make at least 2-3 more starts in the minors.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)