May 1, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Matt Garza‘s “dead arm” last week pushed back his minor-league rehab assignment, but the Cubs right-hander felt good enough to throw 2.2 innings at Double-A today.
Garza allowed one run on one hit and two walks, failing to record a strikeout while throwing 42 pitches.
Garza hasn’t pitched for the Cubs since July 21 of last season, with a lat muscle strain and “dead arm” hindering his recovery from elbow problems. He’ll likely make at least 2-3 more starts in the minors.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)