May 1, 2013, 6:43 PM EST
Rangers starter Matt Harrison underwent surgery in mid-April to correct a herniated disk in his back. The left-hander felt fine for the first eight days of his rehab but suddenly began experiencing discomfort in both of his legs one week ago and required a second back procedure on Wednesday afternoon.
This according to Anthony Andro, the Rangers beat writer for FOXSportsSouthwest.com.
Harrison was ruled until after the All-Star break following his first back procedure and might now struggle to return before August. The 27-year-old had an ugly 8.44 ERA, 1.97 WHIP and 12/7 K/BB ratio in 10 2/3 innings this season before going down.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)