May 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey has been bothered by neck and back problems for most of the season, but an MRI exam showed no structural damage and the Blue Jays announced that he’s expected to take his normal turn in the rotation Saturday against the Mariners.
Toronto manager John Gibbons told John Lott of the National Post that Dickey has merely “a little inflammation.” However, while that definitely qualifies as positive news it doesn’t change the fact that Dickey has mostly struggled this year with a 4.50 ERA in 36 innings and the knuckleballer has admitted that the discomfort limits him on the mound at times.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)