May 1, 2013, 4:36 PM EST
R.A. Dickey has been bothered by neck and back problems for most of the season, but an MRI exam showed no structural damage and the Blue Jays announced that he’s expected to take his normal turn in the rotation Saturday against the Mariners.
Toronto manager John Gibbons told John Lott of the National Post that Dickey has merely “a little inflammation.” However, while that definitely qualifies as positive news it doesn’t change the fact that Dickey has mostly struggled this year with a 4.50 ERA in 36 innings and the knuckleballer has admitted that the discomfort limits him on the mound at times.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)