May 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Delmon Young made his 2013 debut last night at DH and the word was that he was going to play the outfield in tonight’s game against the Indians. Sadly, he is at DH again. Why?
Delmon Young was going to play RF today but was plunked on his throwing arm last night. It’s sore. No guarantees on RF for Thursday.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 1, 2013
I dunno. Given how well he uses that throwing arm while it’s healthy, I don’t know that it’s much of a loss.
OK, I’ve hated enough. As I mentioned on HBT Daily earlier today, I am actually encouraged after seeing the trimmed-down Delmon in last night’s game. The last time he trimmed down was in 2010 and he had a great season. If he can produce anything close to that and can be anything other than a defensive disaster in right, the Young pickup could prove to be a pretty savvy one.
There. I said something about all of this that is honest and not hateful or snarky or anything. I feel like I should go take a shower or something, but even I have to do difficult things sometimes.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)