May 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Delmon Young made his 2013 debut last night at DH and the word was that he was going to play the outfield in tonight’s game against the Indians. Sadly, he is at DH again. Why?
Delmon Young was going to play RF today but was plunked on his throwing arm last night. It’s sore. No guarantees on RF for Thursday.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 1, 2013
I dunno. Given how well he uses that throwing arm while it’s healthy, I don’t know that it’s much of a loss.
OK, I’ve hated enough. As I mentioned on HBT Daily earlier today, I am actually encouraged after seeing the trimmed-down Delmon in last night’s game. The last time he trimmed down was in 2010 and he had a great season. If he can produce anything close to that and can be anything other than a defensive disaster in right, the Young pickup could prove to be a pretty savvy one.
There. I said something about all of this that is honest and not hateful or snarky or anything. I feel like I should go take a shower or something, but even I have to do difficult things sometimes.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)