May 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Delmon Young made his 2013 debut last night at DH and the word was that he was going to play the outfield in tonight’s game against the Indians. Sadly, he is at DH again. Why?
Delmon Young was going to play RF today but was plunked on his throwing arm last night. It’s sore. No guarantees on RF for Thursday.
— Matt Gelb (@magelb) May 1, 2013
I dunno. Given how well he uses that throwing arm while it’s healthy, I don’t know that it’s much of a loss.
OK, I’ve hated enough. As I mentioned on HBT Daily earlier today, I am actually encouraged after seeing the trimmed-down Delmon in last night’s game. The last time he trimmed down was in 2010 and he had a great season. If he can produce anything close to that and can be anything other than a defensive disaster in right, the Young pickup could prove to be a pretty savvy one.
There. I said something about all of this that is honest and not hateful or snarky or anything. I feel like I should go take a shower or something, but even I have to do difficult things sometimes.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)