May 1, 2013, 11:42 PM EST
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was held out of action Tuesday and Wednesday after fouling a ball off his left ankle Monday night. But he should be back in action by the end of this week.
According to Amanda Comak of the Washington Times, X-rays have come back negative on Werth’s ankle. He has also been nursing some hamstring tightness but that is improving as well.
Werth, 33, is batting .265/.314/.408 with four home runs and 10 RBI in 26 games this season for Washington. He hit .300/.387/.440 with five homers and 31 RBI in 81 games last year.
The Nationals will wrap up a four-game series with the Braves on Thursday evening.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)