May 1, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth was held out of action Tuesday and Wednesday after fouling a ball off his left ankle Monday night. But he should be back in action by the end of this week.
According to Amanda Comak of the Washington Times, X-rays have come back negative on Werth’s ankle. He has also been nursing some hamstring tightness but that is improving as well.
Werth, 33, is batting .265/.314/.408 with four home runs and 10 RBI in 26 games this season for Washington. He hit .300/.387/.440 with five homers and 31 RBI in 81 games last year.
The Nationals will wrap up a four-game series with the Braves on Thursday evening.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)