May 2, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
But wait … I thought he was so broken down and decrepit that he was gonna retire and ask the Yankees to keep the $114 million they owe him. So confused!
Alex Rodriguez is expected to head to Tampa on May 6 to begin baseball activities, Brian Cashman said.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 2, 2013
Now I’m just gonna sit back and wait for all the columnists who lapped up the Yankees front office rebop designed to shame A-Rod into retirement to recant their “we’ll never see A-Rod play baseball again” stuff from the offseason.
Might be waiting a while, but I got nowhere to go.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (321)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)