May 2, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
But wait … I thought he was so broken down and decrepit that he was gonna retire and ask the Yankees to keep the $114 million they owe him. So confused!
Alex Rodriguez is expected to head to Tampa on May 6 to begin baseball activities, Brian Cashman said.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 2, 2013
Now I’m just gonna sit back and wait for all the columnists who lapped up the Yankees front office rebop designed to shame A-Rod into retirement to recant their “we’ll never see A-Rod play baseball again” stuff from the offseason.
Might be waiting a while, but I got nowhere to go.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)