May 2, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
But wait … I thought he was so broken down and decrepit that he was gonna retire and ask the Yankees to keep the $114 million they owe him. So confused!
Alex Rodriguez is expected to head to Tampa on May 6 to begin baseball activities, Brian Cashman said.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) May 2, 2013
Now I’m just gonna sit back and wait for all the columnists who lapped up the Yankees front office rebop designed to shame A-Rod into retirement to recant their “we’ll never see A-Rod play baseball again” stuff from the offseason.
Might be waiting a while, but I got nowhere to go.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)