May 2, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
More bad news for the Blue Jays, who placed Josh Johnson on the disabled list with a triceps injury after initially holding out hope that he could start Friday. Instead they’ll call up Ricky Romero, who’d been banished to the minors after a miserable 2012 season that saw him go 1-13 with a 7.35 ERA in his final 17 starts.
Johnson hasn’t been himself all season, posting a 6.86 ERA while allowing opponents to hit .320 off him, and was scratched from his scheduled start last Friday. An MRI exam showed no structural damage, but he’ll but shut down for at least a couple weeks.
Of the five players the Blue Jays acquired in the blockbuster Marlins trade Johnson and Jose Reyes are on the disabled list, Mark Buehrle has a 6.43 ERA, Emilio Bonifacio is hitting .179, and John Buck is having a career-year … for the Mets.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)