May 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Nationals are close to full strength for tonight’s series finale against the NL East-leading Braves.
Harper left last night’s game in the sixth inning after he aggravated a bruise on his left side on a check-swing. He originally suffered the injury Tuesday night when he crashed into the outfield fence while trying to catch a home run off the bat of Tim Hudson. However, he was cleared to return after he made it through batting practice this afternoon without incident.
Werth has missed the last two games after he fouled a ball off his left ankle on Monday. He also has been dealing with some hamstring tightness. While he told Zuckerman prior to batting practice that the ankle still feels “pretty stiff,” he’s going to give it a go.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 23
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 25
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)