May 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Nationals are close to full strength for tonight’s series finale against the NL East-leading Braves.
Harper left last night’s game in the sixth inning after he aggravated a bruise on his left side on a check-swing. He originally suffered the injury Tuesday night when he crashed into the outfield fence while trying to catch a home run off the bat of Tim Hudson. However, he was cleared to return after he made it through batting practice this afternoon without incident.
Werth has missed the last two games after he fouled a ball off his left ankle on Monday. He also has been dealing with some hamstring tightness. While he told Zuckerman prior to batting practice that the ankle still feels “pretty stiff,” he’s going to give it a go.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)