May 2, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
Henderson Alvarez‘s recovery from shoulder inflammation has been shut down after the Marlins right-hander experienced more soreness.
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that Alvarez’s recovery had advanced to facing hitters recently and the 23-year-old was nearing a minor-league rehab assignment, but now he’ll take the rest of the week off and be re-evaluated later.
Alvarez began the season on the disabled list after coming over from the Blue Jays in the offseason blockbuster trade. Last season in Toronto he started 31 games with a 4.85 ERA, but posted a terrible 79/54 K/BB ratio in 187 innings and allowed opponents to hit .290.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)