May 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Hector Santiago was supposed to start in place of the injured Gavin Floyd tomorrow, but instead he’ll be needed tonight after the White Sox scratched Jake Peavy from his scheduled start with back spasms.
Peavy was off to a very strong start with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings, building on an excellent 2012 season that saw him stay healthy for the first time since 2007. And the good news is that his arm is fine.
Chicago declined its $22 million option on Peavy for this season and instead signed him to a new two-year, $29 million deal that includes a $15 million option for 2015.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)