May 2, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Hector Santiago was supposed to start in place of the injured Gavin Floyd tomorrow, but instead he’ll be needed tonight after the White Sox scratched Jake Peavy from his scheduled start with back spasms.
Peavy was off to a very strong start with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings, building on an excellent 2012 season that saw him stay healthy for the first time since 2007. And the good news is that his arm is fine.
Chicago declined its $22 million option on Peavy for this season and instead signed him to a new two-year, $29 million deal that includes a $15 million option for 2015.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)