May 2, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The amount of money sitting on the Yankees’ DL just got bigger:
The Yankees placed Joba Chamberlain on the disabled list with a right oblique strain.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 2, 2013
Joba has pitched nine and a third innings so far this year, allowing four runs while striking out seven and walking six, though those runs were allowed in his first two outings and he’s been good lately.
No sense when the injury occurred, but he’s gonna be out for a spell.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 3
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)