May 2, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The amount of money sitting on the Yankees’ DL just got bigger:
The Yankees placed Joba Chamberlain on the disabled list with a right oblique strain.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 2, 2013
Joba has pitched nine and a third innings so far this year, allowing four runs while striking out seven and walking six, though those runs were allowed in his first two outings and he’s been good lately.
No sense when the injury occurred, but he’s gonna be out for a spell.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)