May 2, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The amount of money sitting on the Yankees’ DL just got bigger:
The Yankees placed Joba Chamberlain on the disabled list with a right oblique strain.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 2, 2013
Joba has pitched nine and a third innings so far this year, allowing four runs while striking out seven and walking six, though those runs were allowed in his first two outings and he’s been good lately.
No sense when the injury occurred, but he’s gonna be out for a spell.
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 61
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 113
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)