May 2, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
The amount of money sitting on the Yankees’ DL just got bigger:
The Yankees placed Joba Chamberlain on the disabled list with a right oblique strain.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 2, 2013
Joba has pitched nine and a third innings so far this year, allowing four runs while striking out seven and walking six, though those runs were allowed in his first two outings and he’s been good lately.
No sense when the injury occurred, but he’s gonna be out for a spell.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)