May 2, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The amount of money sitting on the Yankees’ DL just got bigger:
The Yankees placed Joba Chamberlain on the disabled list with a right oblique strain.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) May 2, 2013
Joba has pitched nine and a third innings so far this year, allowing four runs while striking out seven and walking six, though those runs were allowed in his first two outings and he’s been good lately.
No sense when the injury occurred, but he’s gonna be out for a spell.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)