May 2, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Baltimore Orioles first baseman Chris Davis has been voted the Budweiser Presents American League Player of the Month for April … Davis batted .348 (32-for-92) with eight doubles, nine home runs, 28 RBI, 19 runs scored and 16 walks in 27 games to claim his first career Player of the Month award and the first for the Orioles since Melvin Mora took home A.L. Player of the Month honors in August 2008.
Outfielder Justin Upton of the Atlanta Braves has been voted the Budweiser Presents National League Player of the Month for April … In 26 games last month, Upton clubbed his way to the top of the Major League leaderboards with 12 home runs and a .734 slugging percentage — both the top-ranked marks in all of MLB. Upton hit .298 (28-for-94), while also ranking among N.L. leaders with 22 runs scored (T-1st), 19 RBI (T-8th) and a .402 on-base percentage (10th).
So far in May Upton is 1 for 3 with no extra base hits. Davis is 0 for 3 with a walk. Quit resting on your laurels, guys, or we’ll find somebody to replace you.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)