May 2, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
Mike Napoli had two homers for the Sox last night. They booth were moon shots. Here they are:
Don Orsillo didn’t seem too impressed with the first one off the bat — probably because it was dead center and thus harder to gauge the trajectory — but it was gone. He liked the second one better (“it’s very gone!”).
Officially they were 472 and 467 feet, but that’s an inexact science, obviously.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)