May 3, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Diamondback second baseman Aaron Hill is progressing slower than many, including GM Kevin Towers, expected, tweets Nick Piecoro. Hill suffered a fractured left hand on April 9 against the Pirates. Initial estimates had Hill missing 4-6 weeks which put him on track for a mid-May return, but Towers says even a late May return would be a best-case scenario for Hill.
Hill was off to a hot start, hitting .306 with two home runs in 42 plate appearances after slugging 26 homers in 2012. In his absence, the Diamondbacks have used Cliff Pennington, Josh Wilson, and Martin Prado at second base.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 70
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)