May 3, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Diamondback second baseman Aaron Hill is progressing slower than many, including GM Kevin Towers, expected, tweets Nick Piecoro. Hill suffered a fractured left hand on April 9 against the Pirates. Initial estimates had Hill missing 4-6 weeks which put him on track for a mid-May return, but Towers says even a late May return would be a best-case scenario for Hill.
Hill was off to a hot start, hitting .306 with two home runs in 42 plate appearances after slugging 26 homers in 2012. In his absence, the Diamondbacks have used Cliff Pennington, Josh Wilson, and Martin Prado at second base.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)