May 3, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
Diamondback second baseman Aaron Hill is progressing slower than many, including GM Kevin Towers, expected, tweets Nick Piecoro. Hill suffered a fractured left hand on April 9 against the Pirates. Initial estimates had Hill missing 4-6 weeks which put him on track for a mid-May return, but Towers says even a late May return would be a best-case scenario for Hill.
Hill was off to a hot start, hitting .306 with two home runs in 42 plate appearances after slugging 26 homers in 2012. In his absence, the Diamondbacks have used Cliff Pennington, Josh Wilson, and Martin Prado at second base.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 81
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)