May 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Gonzalez’s absence forces Jerry Hairston to move from left field to first base, and Skip Schumaker from the bench to left. They will play tonight’s game with just three healthy bench players: Justin Sellers, Juan Uribe, and Ramon Hernandez. They currently have seven players on the disabled list and are dealing with the day-to-day status of Carl Crawford — out of the lineup tonight due to a hamstring injury — and Juan Uribe as well.
As for the Dodger first baseman, Gonzalez is enjoying lots of success thus far, carrying a .330 average in 112 trips to the dish.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)