May 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Gonzalez’s absence forces Jerry Hairston to move from left field to first base, and Skip Schumaker from the bench to left. They will play tonight’s game with just three healthy bench players: Justin Sellers, Juan Uribe, and Ramon Hernandez. They currently have seven players on the disabled list and are dealing with the day-to-day status of Carl Crawford — out of the lineup tonight due to a hamstring injury — and Juan Uribe as well.
As for the Dodger first baseman, Gonzalez is enjoying lots of success thus far, carrying a .330 average in 112 trips to the dish.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)