May 3, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Gonzalez’s absence forces Jerry Hairston to move from left field to first base, and Skip Schumaker from the bench to left. They will play tonight’s game with just three healthy bench players: Justin Sellers, Juan Uribe, and Ramon Hernandez. They currently have seven players on the disabled list and are dealing with the day-to-day status of Carl Crawford — out of the lineup tonight due to a hamstring injury — and Juan Uribe as well.
As for the Dodger first baseman, Gonzalez is enjoying lots of success thus far, carrying a .330 average in 112 trips to the dish.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)