May 3, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected Milwaukee activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list after the veteran third baseman missed the past four weeks with a sprained left knee.
Ramirez balked at going on a minor-league rehab assignment and the Brewers decided not to make a huge fuss about it, so it’ll be interesting to see how game ready he looks right away. He last played on April 5 and manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he’ll try to limit Ramirez’s playing time initially by removing him in the late innings and not starting him in back-to-back games.
Yuniesky Betancourt has been serving as the Brewers’ starting third baseman with Ramirez out, but now he’ll likely slide across the diamond to see action at first base. I’d normally mock “Yuniesky Betancourt, first baseman” like crazy, but he’s slugging .551 right now and the Brewers have been using Alex Gonzalez there.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)