May 3, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
As expected Milwaukee activated Aramis Ramirez from the disabled list after the veteran third baseman missed the past four weeks with a sprained left knee.
Ramirez balked at going on a minor-league rehab assignment and the Brewers decided not to make a huge fuss about it, so it’ll be interesting to see how game ready he looks right away. He last played on April 5 and manager Ron Roenicke indicated that he’ll try to limit Ramirez’s playing time initially by removing him in the late innings and not starting him in back-to-back games.
Yuniesky Betancourt has been serving as the Brewers’ starting third baseman with Ramirez out, but now he’ll likely slide across the diamond to see action at first base. I’d normally mock “Yuniesky Betancourt, first baseman” like crazy, but he’s slugging .551 right now and the Brewers have been using Alex Gonzalez there.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)