May 3, 2013, 9:46 AM EDT
Most folks who help create firestorms take a step back a day or two later and let the heat die down. Not Dirk Hayhurst:
Yesterday, aided by close-up video clearly showing Clay Buchholz going to his arm and wiping his fingers across a foreign-looking substance, I made the statement that he was cheating … I stand by that statement.
Furthermore, I don’t feel a damn bit sorry about it.
He goes on to explain how he’s happy Buchholz is, in his view anyway, cheating.
I don’t agree with Dirk in all of this. But man, I love that he’s willing to be a bad guy. Baseball needs more Bobby “The Brain” Heenans.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)