May 3, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Johnny Cueto‘s recovery from a strained lat muscle is on hold after the Reds right-hander complained of oblique muscle soreness before beginning a minor-league rehab assignment at Double-A today.
Cueto had to exit his NLDS start against the Giants in the first inning with an oblique injury, so while the setback isn’t related to his arm it’s still worrisome.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that Cueto will be examined further Monday, so at the very least his rehab timetable has been pushed back a week or so and Tony Cingrani can get a little more comfortable in the Reds’ rotation.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)