May 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
Braves third baseman Juan Francisco left tonight’s game against the Mets in the third inning due to an ankle injury. Francisco appeared to turn his right ankle when he attempted to go back to second base on a pick-off attempt. He was out on the play.
Francisco entered the night hitting .284 with four home runs in 70 plate appearances. He has been splitting time at third base with Chris Johnson.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)