May 3, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
Braves third baseman Juan Francisco left tonight’s game against the Mets in the third inning due to an ankle injury. Francisco appeared to turn his right ankle when he attempted to go back to second base on a pick-off attempt. He was out on the play.
Francisco entered the night hitting .284 with four home runs in 70 plate appearances. He has been splitting time at third base with Chris Johnson.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 41
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 40
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 111
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (189)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (111)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)