May 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Walker has been able to take ground balls and throw, but the deep laceration has made gripping and swinging a bat impossible.
Brandon Inge will continue to fill in at second base for Walker, who hit .253 with a .693 OPS in 23 games before the injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)