May 3, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Walker has been able to take ground balls and throw, but the deep laceration has made gripping and swinging a bat impossible.
Brandon Inge will continue to fill in at second base for Walker, who hit .253 with a .693 OPS in 23 games before the injury.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)