May 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
According to Renck he’ll head to extended spring training and “is scheduled to make two or three starts there before probably going to Double-A Tulsa for more work.” Assuming he makes at least two starts at Double-A that would seemingly mean Oswalt is no fewer than three weeks from potentially joining the Rockies.
It’s also possible that they decide not to call him up at all, of course, but Renck notes that the Rockies were impressed by Oswalt’s recent throwing session and he’s been throwing “intense bullpen sessions” on his own to stay in shape.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)