May 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
According to Renck he’ll head to extended spring training and “is scheduled to make two or three starts there before probably going to Double-A Tulsa for more work.” Assuming he makes at least two starts at Double-A that would seemingly mean Oswalt is no fewer than three weeks from potentially joining the Rockies.
It’s also possible that they decide not to call him up at all, of course, but Renck notes that the Rockies were impressed by Oswalt’s recent throwing session and he’s been throwing “intense bullpen sessions” on his own to stay in shape.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)