May 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
According to Renck he’ll head to extended spring training and “is scheduled to make two or three starts there before probably going to Double-A Tulsa for more work.” Assuming he makes at least two starts at Double-A that would seemingly mean Oswalt is no fewer than three weeks from potentially joining the Rockies.
It’s also possible that they decide not to call him up at all, of course, but Renck notes that the Rockies were impressed by Oswalt’s recent throwing session and he’s been throwing “intense bullpen sessions” on his own to stay in shape.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)