May 3, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Shane Victorino managed to avoid the disabled list and has rejoined the Red Sox’s lineup after sitting out the past seven games with a back injury.
Victorino is batting second and playing right field, where Daniel Nava has been the everyday fill-in. Nava has played so well while hitting .298 with a .932 OPS in 24 games overall that the Red Sox will no doubt want to find him regular at-bats, but for tonight at least the switch-hitter is sitting against left-hander Derek Holland in favor of Victorino and Jonny Gomes.
Victorino hadn’t shown much power before the injury, but was hitting .292 with a .358 on-base percentage in 19 games.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (80)