May 3, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that the Phillies have made “multiple inquiries” about the availability of Giancarlo Stanton and have let the Marlins know that if and when he does go on the block, they want to be the first ones called.
Which, great, but given that the Phillies’ farm system is thin on blue chippers and the Marlins may not want to see Stanton 19 times a year for the next several years, I’m having a hard time seeing that ever going down, even if he does become available.
That aside, Salisbury previews what a coming Phillies fire sale could look like in the likely condition that they are out of contention come July.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 59
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 28
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (105)