May 3, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that the Phillies have made “multiple inquiries” about the availability of Giancarlo Stanton and have let the Marlins know that if and when he does go on the block, they want to be the first ones called.
Which, great, but given that the Phillies’ farm system is thin on blue chippers and the Marlins may not want to see Stanton 19 times a year for the next several years, I’m having a hard time seeing that ever going down, even if he does become available.
That aside, Salisbury previews what a coming Phillies fire sale could look like in the likely condition that they are out of contention come July.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)