May 3, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that the Phillies have made “multiple inquiries” about the availability of Giancarlo Stanton and have let the Marlins know that if and when he does go on the block, they want to be the first ones called.
Which, great, but given that the Phillies’ farm system is thin on blue chippers and the Marlins may not want to see Stanton 19 times a year for the next several years, I’m having a hard time seeing that ever going down, even if he does become available.
That aside, Salisbury previews what a coming Phillies fire sale could look like in the likely condition that they are out of contention come July.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)