May 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Even though I watch a lot of Tigers games I was unaware of this until Shaun Michael pointed it out to me on Twitter:
@craigcalcaterra no post on the Tigers on the verge of breaking record of 8 games straight of 10 Ks in a game after 18 last night?
—✋✋ Shaun ✋✋ (@ShaunMichael80) May 3, 2013
Really, had no idea, but it’s true. The streak began in Anibal Sanchez‘s start against the Braves last Friday when he struck out 17 and was kept alive though last night’s 18 strikeout performance against the Astros. In other news, any team playing series against the Braves and Astros over a short stretch this year has a chance at this mark, so it may not last long.
Anyway, here’s your post, Shaun. Doug Fister and friends are poised to make history.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)