May 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Even though I watch a lot of Tigers games I was unaware of this until Shaun Michael pointed it out to me on Twitter:
@craigcalcaterra no post on the Tigers on the verge of breaking record of 8 games straight of 10 Ks in a game after 18 last night?
—✋✋ Shaun ✋✋ (@ShaunMichael80) May 3, 2013
Really, had no idea, but it’s true. The streak began in Anibal Sanchez‘s start against the Braves last Friday when he struck out 17 and was kept alive though last night’s 18 strikeout performance against the Astros. In other news, any team playing series against the Braves and Astros over a short stretch this year has a chance at this mark, so it may not last long.
Anyway, here’s your post, Shaun. Doug Fister and friends are poised to make history.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)