May 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EDT
Even though I watch a lot of Tigers games I was unaware of this until Shaun Michael pointed it out to me on Twitter:
@craigcalcaterra no post on the Tigers on the verge of breaking record of 8 games straight of 10 Ks in a game after 18 last night?
—✋✋ Shaun ✋✋ (@ShaunMichael80) May 3, 2013
Really, had no idea, but it’s true. The streak began in Anibal Sanchez‘s start against the Braves last Friday when he struck out 17 and was kept alive though last night’s 18 strikeout performance against the Astros. In other news, any team playing series against the Braves and Astros over a short stretch this year has a chance at this mark, so it may not last long.
Anyway, here’s your post, Shaun. Doug Fister and friends are poised to make history.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)