May 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
Even though I watch a lot of Tigers games I was unaware of this until Shaun Michael pointed it out to me on Twitter:
@craigcalcaterra no post on the Tigers on the verge of breaking record of 8 games straight of 10 Ks in a game after 18 last night?
—✋✋ Shaun ✋✋ (@ShaunMichael80) May 3, 2013
Really, had no idea, but it’s true. The streak began in Anibal Sanchez‘s start against the Braves last Friday when he struck out 17 and was kept alive though last night’s 18 strikeout performance against the Astros. In other news, any team playing series against the Braves and Astros over a short stretch this year has a chance at this mark, so it may not last long.
Anyway, here’s your post, Shaun. Doug Fister and friends are poised to make history.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)