May 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
Even though I watch a lot of Tigers games I was unaware of this until Shaun Michael pointed it out to me on Twitter:
@craigcalcaterra no post on the Tigers on the verge of breaking record of 8 games straight of 10 Ks in a game after 18 last night?
—✋✋ Shaun ✋✋ (@ShaunMichael80) May 3, 2013
Really, had no idea, but it’s true. The streak began in Anibal Sanchez‘s start against the Braves last Friday when he struck out 17 and was kept alive though last night’s 18 strikeout performance against the Astros. In other news, any team playing series against the Braves and Astros over a short stretch this year has a chance at this mark, so it may not last long.
Anyway, here’s your post, Shaun. Doug Fister and friends are poised to make history.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)