May 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is sitting out tonight’s game against the Rays due to “heavy legs” — his terminology. Weiss described Tulowitzki’s night off as “precautionary”.
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has more:
Tulowitzki was running the bases and doing outfield sprints with Rockies trainer Keith Dugger on Friday afternoon. Tulowitzki, who has a history of leg and groin injuries, said he was not injured. Instead, he said was trying to work out some soreness in his legs.
Tulowitzki missed most of the 2012 season due to a groin injury which required surgery. He is having quite the rebound as he currently has a .317 average with six home runs and a 1.014 OPS with his trademark great defense.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)