May 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is sitting out tonight’s game against the Rays due to “heavy legs” — his terminology. Weiss described Tulowitzki’s night off as “precautionary”.
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has more:
Tulowitzki was running the bases and doing outfield sprints with Rockies trainer Keith Dugger on Friday afternoon. Tulowitzki, who has a history of leg and groin injuries, said he was not injured. Instead, he said was trying to work out some soreness in his legs.
Tulowitzki missed most of the 2012 season due to a groin injury which required surgery. He is having quite the rebound as he currently has a .317 average with six home runs and a 1.014 OPS with his trademark great defense.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)