May 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is sitting out tonight’s game against the Rays due to “heavy legs” — his terminology. Weiss described Tulowitzki’s night off as “precautionary”.
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has more:
Tulowitzki was running the bases and doing outfield sprints with Rockies trainer Keith Dugger on Friday afternoon. Tulowitzki, who has a history of leg and groin injuries, said he was not injured. Instead, he said was trying to work out some soreness in his legs.
Tulowitzki missed most of the 2012 season due to a groin injury which required surgery. He is having quite the rebound as he currently has a .317 average with six home runs and a 1.014 OPS with his trademark great defense.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)