May 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is sitting out tonight’s game against the Rays due to “heavy legs” — his terminology. Weiss described Tulowitzki’s night off as “precautionary”.
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has more:
Tulowitzki was running the bases and doing outfield sprints with Rockies trainer Keith Dugger on Friday afternoon. Tulowitzki, who has a history of leg and groin injuries, said he was not injured. Instead, he said was trying to work out some soreness in his legs.
Tulowitzki missed most of the 2012 season due to a groin injury which required surgery. He is having quite the rebound as he currently has a .317 average with six home runs and a 1.014 OPS with his trademark great defense.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)