May 3, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is sitting out tonight’s game against the Rays due to “heavy legs” — his terminology. Weiss described Tulowitzki’s night off as “precautionary”.
Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post has more:
Tulowitzki was running the bases and doing outfield sprints with Rockies trainer Keith Dugger on Friday afternoon. Tulowitzki, who has a history of leg and groin injuries, said he was not injured. Instead, he said was trying to work out some soreness in his legs.
Tulowitzki missed most of the 2012 season due to a groin injury which required surgery. He is having quite the rebound as he currently has a .317 average with six home runs and a 1.014 OPS with his trademark great defense.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)