May 4, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
This “nightly update on Dodger lineup absences” is starting to become a recurring theme. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez, dealing with neck pain suffered from bumping into an umpire, is sitting out for the second consecutive game according to Ken Gurnick.
Jerry Hairston, who needed stitches to sew up a cut on his right eyebrow, is playing in Gonzalez’s place tonight. He went 0-for-2 with two walks last night hitting atop the batting order.
Left fielder Carl Crawford, battling a hamstring strain, is back in the lineup again and will lead off. As a result, Hairston is in the #2 spot tonight.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23