May 4, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
This “nightly update on Dodger lineup absences” is starting to become a recurring theme. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez, dealing with neck pain suffered from bumping into an umpire, is sitting out for the second consecutive game according to Ken Gurnick.
Jerry Hairston, who needed stitches to sew up a cut on his right eyebrow, is playing in Gonzalez’s place tonight. He went 0-for-2 with two walks last night hitting atop the batting order.
Left fielder Carl Crawford, battling a hamstring strain, is back in the lineup again and will lead off. As a result, Hairston is in the #2 spot tonight.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 0
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 14
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 32
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)