May 4, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
This “nightly update on Dodger lineup absences” is starting to become a recurring theme. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez, dealing with neck pain suffered from bumping into an umpire, is sitting out for the second consecutive game according to Ken Gurnick.
Jerry Hairston, who needed stitches to sew up a cut on his right eyebrow, is playing in Gonzalez’s place tonight. He went 0-for-2 with two walks last night hitting atop the batting order.
Left fielder Carl Crawford, battling a hamstring strain, is back in the lineup again and will lead off. As a result, Hairston is in the #2 spot tonight.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)