May 4, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
This “nightly update on Dodger lineup absences” is starting to become a recurring theme. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez, dealing with neck pain suffered from bumping into an umpire, is sitting out for the second consecutive game according to Ken Gurnick.
Jerry Hairston, who needed stitches to sew up a cut on his right eyebrow, is playing in Gonzalez’s place tonight. He went 0-for-2 with two walks last night hitting atop the batting order.
Left fielder Carl Crawford, battling a hamstring strain, is back in the lineup again and will lead off. As a result, Hairston is in the #2 spot tonight.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)