May 4, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
This “nightly update on Dodger lineup absences” is starting to become a recurring theme. First baseman Adrian Gonzalez, dealing with neck pain suffered from bumping into an umpire, is sitting out for the second consecutive game according to Ken Gurnick.
Jerry Hairston, who needed stitches to sew up a cut on his right eyebrow, is playing in Gonzalez’s place tonight. He went 0-for-2 with two walks last night hitting atop the batting order.
Left fielder Carl Crawford, battling a hamstring strain, is back in the lineup again and will lead off. As a result, Hairston is in the #2 spot tonight.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 5
- What Bryan Price’s rant was really all about 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 30
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)