May 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
As a response to Hanley Ramirez‘s unfortunate hamstring injury suffered last night, the Dodgers have recalled Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque. As Craig noted, the Dodgers are a mess right now with a seemingly neverending rash of injuries. Adrian Gonzalez sat out last night with a neck injury, and Mark Ellis hasn’t played in a game since April 26.
Gordon has been performing well in the Minors to start the year, sitting on a .314 average with a 17-to-14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 14 stolen bases in 16 attempts. In his 563 plate appearances at the Major League level between 2011-12, however, Gordon has been stymied with a .260 average, an 89-to-27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and 56 steals in 73 attempts.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11