May 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
As a response to Hanley Ramirez‘s unfortunate hamstring injury suffered last night, the Dodgers have recalled Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque. As Craig noted, the Dodgers are a mess right now with a seemingly neverending rash of injuries. Adrian Gonzalez sat out last night with a neck injury, and Mark Ellis hasn’t played in a game since April 26.
Gordon has been performing well in the Minors to start the year, sitting on a .314 average with a 17-to-14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 14 stolen bases in 16 attempts. In his 563 plate appearances at the Major League level between 2011-12, however, Gordon has been stymied with a .260 average, an 89-to-27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and 56 steals in 73 attempts.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 71
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 33
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)