May 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
As a response to Hanley Ramirez‘s unfortunate hamstring injury suffered last night, the Dodgers have recalled Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque. As Craig noted, the Dodgers are a mess right now with a seemingly neverending rash of injuries. Adrian Gonzalez sat out last night with a neck injury, and Mark Ellis hasn’t played in a game since April 26.
Gordon has been performing well in the Minors to start the year, sitting on a .314 average with a 17-to-14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 14 stolen bases in 16 attempts. In his 563 plate appearances at the Major League level between 2011-12, however, Gordon has been stymied with a .260 average, an 89-to-27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and 56 steals in 73 attempts.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 47
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 135
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 23
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (135)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)