May 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
As a response to Hanley Ramirez‘s unfortunate hamstring injury suffered last night, the Dodgers have recalled Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque. As Craig noted, the Dodgers are a mess right now with a seemingly neverending rash of injuries. Adrian Gonzalez sat out last night with a neck injury, and Mark Ellis hasn’t played in a game since April 26.
Gordon has been performing well in the Minors to start the year, sitting on a .314 average with a 17-to-14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 14 stolen bases in 16 attempts. In his 563 plate appearances at the Major League level between 2011-12, however, Gordon has been stymied with a .260 average, an 89-to-27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and 56 steals in 73 attempts.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)