May 4, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
As a response to Hanley Ramirez‘s unfortunate hamstring injury suffered last night, the Dodgers have recalled Dee Gordon from Triple-A Albuquerque. As Craig noted, the Dodgers are a mess right now with a seemingly neverending rash of injuries. Adrian Gonzalez sat out last night with a neck injury, and Mark Ellis hasn’t played in a game since April 26.
Gordon has been performing well in the Minors to start the year, sitting on a .314 average with a 17-to-14 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 14 stolen bases in 16 attempts. In his 563 plate appearances at the Major League level between 2011-12, however, Gordon has been stymied with a .260 average, an 89-to-27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and 56 steals in 73 attempts.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)