May 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
As bad as the Angels are running thus far in the 2013 season, they’ll consider this a win. In the bottom of the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Orioles, designated hitter Hank Conger identified that Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s defense was shifting against him, with the third baseman playing more towards shortstop. As a result, Conger bunted Darren O’Day‘s 1-1 offering down the third base line. Conger tripped about a third of the way up the line, but was safe anyway because it took third baseman Manny Machado so long to retrieve the ball.
Enjoy the .gif.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)