May 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
As bad as the Angels are running thus far in the 2013 season, they’ll consider this a win. In the bottom of the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Orioles, designated hitter Hank Conger identified that Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s defense was shifting against him, with the third baseman playing more towards shortstop. As a result, Conger bunted Darren O’Day‘s 1-1 offering down the third base line. Conger tripped about a third of the way up the line, but was safe anyway because it took third baseman Manny Machado so long to retrieve the ball.
Enjoy the .gif.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)