May 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
As bad as the Angels are running thus far in the 2013 season, they’ll consider this a win. In the bottom of the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Orioles, designated hitter Hank Conger identified that Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s defense was shifting against him, with the third baseman playing more towards shortstop. As a result, Conger bunted Darren O’Day‘s 1-1 offering down the third base line. Conger tripped about a third of the way up the line, but was safe anyway because it took third baseman Manny Machado so long to retrieve the ball.
Enjoy the .gif.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)