May 4, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
As bad as the Angels are running thus far in the 2013 season, they’ll consider this a win. In the bottom of the eighth inning of this afternoon’s game against the Orioles, designated hitter Hank Conger identified that Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s defense was shifting against him, with the third baseman playing more towards shortstop. As a result, Conger bunted Darren O’Day‘s 1-1 offering down the third base line. Conger tripped about a third of the way up the line, but was safe anyway because it took third baseman Manny Machado so long to retrieve the ball.
Enjoy the .gif.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)