May 4, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Manager Don Mattingly said Ramirez “got it pretty good,” comparing it to the hamstring injury suffered by Matt Kemp last year. That one sidelined Kemp for 51 games over two stints on the disabled list because he came back too soon and reinjured it after one game.
The injury came at AT&T Park, which is the same place Ramirez injured his thumb in the WBC. He left his health in San Francisco.
The biggest issue now is what the heck the Dodgers do with the infield they’ve been juggling all season. Dee Gordon would seem like a good choice, but the Dodgers had wanted to keep him in Triple-A and maybe learn second base. Speaking of second base, Mark Ellis was on the bench last night for his sixth straight game with a quad injury, so the Dodgers are a mess up the middle.
Davey Lopes is the first base coach. I imagine he could still play. Just spit-ballin’ here.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)