It was “Metallica Night” at AT&T Park last night

May 4, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT

Metallica has certainly seen better days. But this was still pretty cool:

Wish they woulda done something off of “Ride the Lightning” instead of the National Anthem, but then I imagine that the Giants would have gotten some phone calls.

1. amadorjon - May 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I think Lou Seal was doing the shocker in that video……Lame promotion…Go A’s

• ptfu - May 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Where’s your crown, King Nothing?

• alexo0 - May 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Napster stole it.

• bigdicktater - May 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Aw, it looks like big fun and you sound jealous. Go Giants!

Besides, Rick Zito was pitching and he’s got a youtube video visiting Metallica’s studio. Check it out.

2. muckthefets23 - May 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I don’t know Craig the fans may have preferred something from, Kill Em All. Maybe some Metal Militia or Seek and Destroy. However I’d never be opposed to hearing Creeping Death at a ball game.

3. mybrunoblog - May 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM

That was ridiculously awesome. If Metallica touches it then it turns to gold.
    By the way. Metallica aint no rock n roll band, they’re all METAL…..

• sabatimus - May 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM

That was one crappy performance by Hammett. Hetfield’s accents were just fine.

• buckybadger - May 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM

No they where a metal band, now they are just a bunch of sell outs. The day Enter Sandman hit the airwaves their metal days where over.

4. tuberippin - May 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Should’ve been Slayer Night in remembrance of the passing of Jeff Hanneman. The work he did for Slayer (“Raining Blood”, “Angel of Death”, a multitude of others) still outweighs the garbage Metallica has put out.

• aceshigh11 - May 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I *LOVE* Slayer and I’m crushed by Hanneman’s death, but Slayer is a relatively “niche” band that’s not exactly family-friendly.

Actually…the fact that Metallica IS family-friendly at this stage in their career is kinda sad.

I love both bands, but Metallica has become a corporate rock entity.

• tuberippin - May 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

True. I had not considered this. I guess the crossover was when Enter Sandman became popular entrance music for relievers.

• jlovenotjlo - May 5, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Exactly what I was thinking! Who needs Metallica when we can remember the life of Jeff Hanneman and his impact on the greatest metal band of all time!

Slayer, twice as fast and 10x better than Metallica

5. nastyn8770 - May 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM

These are the greatest comments of all time on HBT! We’re talking about Slayer and Metallica for the love of GOD!! \m/

• stlouis1baseball - May 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

What nastyn said!

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3740)