May 5, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Span sat out Saturday after fouling a ball off his right foot on Friday night. He only suffered a small bruise.
The dynamic 29-year-old is batting .282/.352/.336 with four stolen bases, 10 runs scored and 11 RBI in 122 plate appearances with his new team. He was traded from the Twins to the Nats this past winter in exchange for pitching prospect Alex Meyer.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)